I’m Ivana, a 20-year-old blogger talking just about desserts. Anything dessert related is my life. I enjoy making them as well as eating them. I am exploring the world of desserts one cookie and tart at a time. Of course seeing as that I am quite the permanent resident of Boston, I will explore most of the Boston area, though when I am at home in Westchester county, desserts there will not stand a chance.
A little more about me:
I am a student at Boston University, where I am studying International Relations, though it’s not my dream job. What I really want to do is have my own pastry/café-type shop, selling desserts ranging from pastries and pies to cakes and cupcakes, along with a seating area to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea with your choice of pastry. Of course this is currently just a dream and in order to make it come true, I of course would have to find desserts that are good enough to be served/sold. So I want to explore other chefs’ renditions of certain desserts as well as what kinds of concoctions I can make.
But I digress. I like to dance, draw and hang out with one of my best friends who is quite the yummy treat lover herself, Joanne. Most of my dessert adventures will be with her so definitely be ready for quite the trip. Check out her about on the fourthoughtsforfood link at the top and check out her insights and discoveries in the fourthoughtsforfood category.
Some fun facts that you may want to know:
- I love Dinosaur Egg Oatmeal and Apple and Cinnamon Oatmeal.
- I listen to a lot of different types of music, I really like music that I can dance to
- I dance.... a lot. I've been dancing for 15 years and have studied ballet, pointe, tap, jazz, acrobatics, contemporary, modern, broadway, and ballroom
- I am a Mac fan but I do have a PC at home which I love, and which has a virus I need to get rid of eventually
- I know all the countries of the world, because of the Animaniacs
- I also know how to say Hello in many different languages, also thanks to the Animaniacs
- I am a big hockey fan thanks to my nationality (Czech), family history (my great grandfather was a big hockey fan, from my dad's side), and my roommates who are ridiculous hockey fans
- I seemed to have become a big hockey fan at the right time of the right teams, last year Boston University won the NCAA, Beanpot, and like a million other tournaments in hockey. And then the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup last year (my roommate is a huge Penguins fan)
- My hair is naturally curly
- I'm trying to follow the policy that if you love what you are doing, you'll never work a day in your life
- I can solve a rubik's cube
- I have once before solved a 5x5x5 rubik's cube, almost by myself